Friday, April 24, 2009

I've finally done it

It's finally happened, I've made a gamer. I took the unsullied flesh of a non gamer and converted him to a real genuine gamer!

The gateway game that did it was one of my favourites Memoir '44.

I've been playing this game on and off during lunchtimes at work with a small group for ages. Then this new guy saw us at play and stopped by to watch.

Then he came back and watched again. About 20 lunctimes later he decided to jump in and give it a go. Today he was playing the first scenario from the base game "Pegasus Bridge".

It was quite funny to see him start the game with a small handful of tactics cards , which is not the easiest of outsets but he's soldiering on.

After a few games of Memoir, I think I'll try him with Dune, thats a games I've been wanting to get back on the table for sooo long. Or will that be going too far too soon?

No comments: