Friday, June 13, 2008

Cat Attack getting nasty


I'm playing Cat Attack with my chums at work and I'm finding it a whole new experience. I've played this game a number of time with the family and that's always been a fairly fun lighthearted hour.

Now I'm playing against two "gamers". They are coming at it in a differnt style. Instead of everyone just dodging round the board occassionally losing the odd life to getting run over, I've already lost three lives in a half hour session!

These "gamers" are nastily aggressive. By both of them picking on me they are going to quickly eliminate a competitor. A fair enough tactic, but I suddenly have to play a completely differntly way. All cats are my enemies and my stash of food at home is not safe.

I'm seeing this game in a new light. I've always felt that this game was a bit wishy washy but now I'm not so sure. I was a little reluctant at first to try this game with "gamers" thinking that it was a little childish. The theme certainly looks like it's for kids. I'm happy to know that this is a meaty , nay, nasty gamers game. :)

No comments: