Friday, May 16, 2008

Charity shop hunt strikes Gold!


Not being a car owner I find it quite hard to go out and just browse shops, so when the opportunity comes round I go for it!

Today was the one day a month when we hire a car to do the "big shop", and my wife wanted to trawl a couple of charity shops for books. I was rubbing my hands with glee delighted with the opportunity to simply browse a couple of shops.

In the first shop, nothing. In the second shop I hit non-gamer gold, a book by Harold Coyle ( who wrote the excellent Team Yankee ) called Dead Hand.

In the third shop, pure gamer gold! Buried under the numerous puzzels and copies of Buckaroo I found two old style boxed games... Firstly Valley of the Four Winds and even better Carrier.

Carrier is a solitaire wargame where you control the american carrier forces hunting down the japanese forces during world war 2. Its a hex and counter game and with a huge map and what look like good rules for controling the enemy. I'm looking forward to getting this on the table.

The absolutely best bit of this is that these games only cost 99p each.

No comments: